Monday, August 6, 2012

Blue Pitcher, Glass and Lemon




I've decided to go back to my previous way of painting which is to use my palette knife to mix colors.  I like the look of broken color and those individual transition colors. That makes me happy. Of course, using this blue pitcher always brings out the happiness in me also. I love the way the design in the pitcher breaks up the light. I also found four tall blue plastic glasses that are the exact color of the pitcher. I've used one in this painting and I like the way the light passes through its fluted sides.

4 comments:

  1. i love the clarity and purity of your color. it is like stain glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design/compo here, and color of course. The textures are so well crafted, difficult to capture but subtly rendered and simplified beautifully. I'm so impressed by this one Robin - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! It is so light, the transparency, the color combination, the blue shadows on the lemons, well, everything .....

    ReplyDelete