Friday, January 4, 2019

Babel of Boxes

In a place of learning and books, there is no clear path to communication or leadership, much like in our news and government.
I wanted to find a way to visually describe my feeling about what I hear and see in the news. I see people subdued and things chaotic.
I referenced the biblical story of the Tower of Babel. I used a limited value and intensity range, much more than usual and I stacked the boxes so they faced different directions.
This painting may not be successful, but it's my attempt to make a political statement.

This painting and many Oakroom Artists works can be seen in the
Annual Oakroom Artists Winter Group Show
Unitarian Universalist Society of Schenectady UUSS
January 13 - February 25, 2019
Reception February 3rd 1:30 - 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment