Friday, August 19, 2011

Red Apricots and Cherries


These red apricots were a new fruit to paint.  I'm not sure if they look like apricots but I don't think that really matters if the painting works. I think it does. I can always find things to redo but as a daily painter I feel the need to go on to the next painting.  Right now besides painting, I'm reading Richard Schmid's book Alla Prima. It's the first time I've read it and the chapter I'm on is about edges. This book is great! There's so much to think about and learn. I highly recommend it to those people who haven't read it before, like me.

2 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Robin! I love the cropped composition. The oranges and reds of the cherries really work well together and look beautiful against the blues of the background and plate. I like the diagonal stripe, too. Very subtle. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Robin...it doesn't matter if the painting works...and this one works in a big way!

    ReplyDelete