Friday, November 11, 2011

Blue Pitcher and Orange




Yesterday I was talking to another painter about radiant paints and bright colors. She uses Gamblin paints and explained the difference between the two. In my painting today I mixed titanium white with both phthalo blue and green and got two bright colors.  Other colors that brighten with the addition of white (not lighten and dull)  are indian yellow and quinacridone pigments.  Gamblin Radiants, which I haven't bought yet are more modern colors but they are also beautiful. This explanation is only as accuarate as my understanding of these colors. If there is anything missing in my explanation, feel free to leave a comment. I might have to retake another photo of my painting. It's overcast today and there was a lot of glare which made my painting look grainy.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and the pitcher is so transparent! Love, love love!

    Give Gamblin's radiant colors a try, their great!

    ReplyDelete