Monday, May 28, 2012

Arrangement of Oranges 4


In this arrangement I've added a pink nubby bowl (fun). The pink bowl was challenging because I wanted to get the outside of the glass color and the back of the glass color to be realistic and keep the pink hues and view of objects behind it, highlights, nubbies, etc. Whew. I worked on this still life off and on for a couple of days, working on sections wet-on-wet. That works when I don't have a long stretch of time to paint. All four Arrangement of Oranges were painted from different points of view and this last one was almost directly ahead as opposed to the first which had an aerial view.  I had a lot of fun with these oranges but it's time to move on to something new.  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice job, i like the composition.. :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin--catching up as I hadn't visited your blog for a while. I love how you kept changing up this arrangement and they all have a fresh look to them. Great job with painting so much glass!

    ReplyDelete