Monday, August 19, 2013

Around the Blue Glass Plate


This past weekend I went to the Woodstock School of Art for a workshop with Karen O'Neil.  I've taken several workshops with her. It's like rereading a great art book after several years and being able to grasp subtle concepts unknown to you before. Well, I feel that way after every workshop with her but this time I hope I've taken an even bigger step forward.  It has to do with nailing the values, assigning the right color and taking those small steps between value shifts.  This painting isn't a finished work but an attempt to work on those concepts.

1 comment:

  1. You went to that class? I would have given anything to have been able to go.
    I see her influence in this painting.It is so so light filled both from outside and from within.
    Do you have any advice you can pass along that could help me get to that place? I want to go to Karen O'Neil land...that would be my Disneyland, Europe vacation and lottery win all in one.

    ReplyDelete