Monday, July 13, 2015

Bookshelf Day 4


This past weekend I didn't paint because my drawing wasn't clear, so I tidied it up. Today I got back to painting and almost completed half of the third shelf. The thing that holds this painting together (I think), and is a new thing for me, is that I've used the paint from my palette that I've collected into a pile at the end of the day and used it to mute other colors. 
For those who think that posting progress shots of a painting is intimidating because it might not work out, I say do it if you want to and if it doesn't work, explain why. 

3 comments:

  1. I like this. It will be fun to see how far you take this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. So glad you are posting the progress...I find my eye drawn to those white books on your last shelf and then my eye follows up and all around, enjoying the colors, shapes, and positions of the books. Can't wait until the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie and Susan for following along.

    ReplyDelete