Saturday, January 9, 2016

Mrs. London's Bakery


 I met a friend for lunch at the lovely Mrs. London's Bakery. This first image is of our table from above.

 I thought I might be biting off more than I can chew and so in this second image I primed the unstretched canvas on the wall and thought, if need be, I could use those parts of the painting that worked and cut out the rest.


Reconsidering, in this third image I put the primed canvas on stretcher bars and drew in my picture. Painting can be hard and it's important that I approach it with confidence regardless of the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to tackle a still life like this. I can't wait to see how you progress with this. I love your portrait of "Buddy"--sweet! Happy New Year-may you have a good year painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, I love this perspective!

    ReplyDelete