Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Lemon and Blue Bowl


Yellow has always been a challenging color for me and lemons are at the apex of that color confrontation. The problem is how to paint what I actually see (a lemon in shadow) and not my idea of a yellow lemon that never gets as dark as it actually appears.  I wanted a warm, vibrant, not greenish or a dull color. I decided upon a color not on my palette, raw sienna and I liked it.  How do I know I made my lemon in shadow dark enough? I used my new little MVP :)  Framed.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, seductive Californian colors! Lovely painting, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon for your nice comment. Seductive Californian colors? That strikes me as funny since I'm from upstate NY which right now is dreary. I do love colors and appreciate hearing that it comes through.

      Delete