Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blue Scissors and Small Plums


I have mixed feelings about this painting.  I was happy with it until my husband suggested I reduce the size of one of the scissor handles. He was right of course, he has a wonderful eye for things, so I changed my painting.  It makes more sense but I liked the little quirky look it had.  Kind of like one of those crabs with one big claw. I want to be able to draw things correctly and then have the option to tweak it. I know painters who've spent the summer just working on their drawing skills and I think that's a great idea.

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful - but I agree with you - sometimes it's the 'wrong' that makes it so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plums. I really like the red that shows around each one.

    ReplyDelete