Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yellow Pepper on Blue Glass Plate


This painting took three restarts to finally get the pepper to look like it was in shadow. In each of the previous attempts I painted the shadow too light. So I went out of my comfort zone and pushed the color. It may look strange but I like it and I'm ready to move on. What else is new? My work is on  display for three months in a law office for an "in-house" show.  It's nice to have Higgins, Roberts, Beyerl & Coan, P.C.  supporting the arts. http://www.hrbclaw.com/Artists.shtml

5 comments:

  1. It doesn't look strange, Robin ...it looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color play. It is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..most gorgeous plate..never mind the pepper

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty! Love the way the colors play off each other . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to your comment about not making the shadow dark enough. It just doesn't seem possible that a yellow pepper can be that dark, does it? But you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete