Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blue Pitcher and Lemons



This is a several day painting as opposed to a daily painting. I'm pleased with the way it turned out and am enjoying using these larger 8 x 8 inch panels.

Below is a panel holder I constructed using an older one I purchased from Carol Marine. Other materials include a paint mixing stick, 12" piece of 3/4" molding and two binder clips.  I used the back side of the panel holder and glued then tacked the molding to the bottom of the panel.  I cut the paint mixing stick to 12" and held it in place with the binder clips. This holder works like a charm for 8" and 10" flat panels and they are held tightly by adjusting the stick downward.




2 comments:

  1. This is such a great painting Robin. I love the angle you have worked from and I also the rendering of the glass. You've done a wonderful job with the shadows and reflections on the lemons and foreground. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete