Monday, December 26, 2011

Persimmon on Cloth


I was inspired to paint this persimmon abstractly and it turned out to be much more fun then just rendering it. Since this is the first time I've painted a persimmon I did a few practice sketches. I worked on getting the colors right and then values. I positioned it on it's side and then as above on it's base. I eventually decided it would be a more interesting picture with lots of movement. The cloth  is a piece of folded canvas draped over a box. 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful color combo! I like the abstract quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the looseness of the brushstrokes and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting! Love the colors, the directional brushstrokes and movement! Just discovered your blog by seeing this as a thumbnail on Virginia Floyd's site and loved exploring. I really like your work and wonderful sense of color and will visit often. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful persimmon! So energetic and fresh, great color and brushwork.

    ReplyDelete