Sunday, February 3, 2013

Watermelon


The feature article in this month's issue of The Artist's Magazine is The 10 Winners of Our Over 60 Competition. In Bill McEnroe's story he states, "when I think I'm two-thirds of the way through, I quit, and I'm usually glad I did because over-working is the bane of the industrious. " I guess he knows what he's talking about because Bill is 90 years old and has been painting a long time. I painted my watermelon loose and when I was tempted to start fiddling with it, I took Bill's advice and quit.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted as always. You captured the taste, feel, and look of the melon. I like the foreshortened view, also. I will have to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly did not over work this. Love the striped watermelon rind. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and loose Robin. You have really captured the colours perfectly - not to mention the crunchiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pinks in a lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete